Morocco Kayak Surf Camp, Taghazout

Commercial services
Dave Brown

Post by Dave Brown »

How would you like to spend a little bit of the British Winter experiencing some beautiful, classic North African Surf in warm water on the edge of the Sahara Desert? Lefts, rights and point breaks in abundance.

The camp will take place between the 21-27th November 2010, exact dates to be confirmed very soon.

Aim of the camp is to provide coaching to surf kayakers with the opportunity to do courses in 3 star training and assessment or 4 star training Surf Kayak, providing you have the pre-requisites.

Water Temperature: circa 20°C
Air Temperature: circa 27°C

Surf breaks that will be at your fingertips – Banana Point, Crocodiles, Devil’s Rock, Mysteries, Anchor Point etc. Check out Magicseaweed.com for pictures of the breaks. Last year we even visited Pointe d’Immsouane, longest point break in North Africa.

Stay at a lovely, newly built, beachside villa apartment, 2mins from the beach with views out to the sunny Atlantic Ocean. Enjoy modern comforts when you are not surfing such as comfortable, welcoming and attractively furnished 1 2 or 3 bed rooms (no bunk beds!), each room with its own private shower and bathroom and a choice of views: the beach or the garden, so you can’t go wrong. The big Moroccan saloon has a 29-inch television, satellite, a DVD player, and wireless Internet access. The Villa boasts a sun terrace with stunning panoramic views of the ocean.

Price Includes:
Airport transfer, Bed & Breakfast, packed lunch for the day, transport to and from the surf each day, the choice of a 1hour horseback ride, the choice of having dinner at the villa or out in nearby Taghazout.
There is also available, a trip into Agadir to visit and experience the souk and Moroccan Culture or get some supplies like alcohol....!

Price:
£750 not including flights to Agadir or carriage of kayaks to Morocco, total flights averaging about £120 incl boat as Sporting goods on some of the no frills airlines.

Passports must be valid with more than 6 months left on them to enter Morocco, no visas are required for UK citizens.

To register your interest, drop me an email or PM and I will get back to you within a few weeks as I am out of the country surfing right now!!

Thanks,

Dave

BSc Sport Science; PGCE; L5 White Water Kayak, L5 Sea Kayak, L5 (Asp) Surf Kayak and Canoe Coach, WW Safety and Rescue Provider, Mountain Instructor, International and Winter Mountain Leader, WCA/BCU and MLTE Course Provider, Coach Educator and Technical Advisor
Email: davebrown@ekit.com or dave@acwaterra.co.uk
Tel: 07702082060

Dave Brown

Re: Morocco Kayak Surf Camp, Taghazout

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Folks,
Below are some further details of the Surf Kayak Camp.

Exact dates are now as follows:
Fly your self out on the 21st November
Surf between the 22-26th November inclusive
Return flight on the eve of the 26th or on the day of the 27th November

Please feel free to email or PM me if you want further details or to book on the camp. Contact details as above.

Dave

StoneWeasel

Post by StoneWeasel »

Just out of curiosity who are the surf coaches / assistants and are you planning on just doing star scheme training or some general development / improve your surfing type courses as well?

Denzil

Dave Brown

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi Denzil,
I will be coaching (Aspirant L5 Surf) and i will have another coach on hand who is L4. Does that affect things?
I will be doing general coaching and surfing throughout the week with the opportunity for folks to undertake training and assessments if they are ready and choose to, hence why it is called a camp as opposed to a course. It will be run on a relaxed atmosphere with an open programme with plenty of time to free surf, receive coaching or head to certification if folks desire that outcome.

I trust that answers your questions, however, please feel free to ask more if you have them.

Dave

BSc Sport Science; PGCE; L5 White Water Kayak, L5 Sea Kayak, L5 (Asp) Surf Kayak and Canoe Coach, WW Safety and Rescue Provider, Mountain Instructor, International and Winter Mountain Leader, WCA/BCU and MLTE Course Provider, Coach Educator and Technical Advisor

StoneWeasel

Post by StoneWeasel »

Cheers Dave,

I like to keep on top of what is out there as I tend to waste too much time on the internet answering questions about surf kayaking so the more information I have on what is out there the better I can answer peoples queries. I'm afraid I am unlikely to use the camp myself as I am more inclined to tour the coast when I eventually make it out there but will be sure to keep your camp in mind.

Thanks for your response and I wish you all the best with this venture, it sounds great,

Denzil

ianletton

Post by ianletton »

StoneWeasel wrote:...it sounds great...
It certainly does!

Are you running any similar camps next year?

Unfortunately I have already exhausted my years supply of holidays.

Who is it suitable for? Do you have to have any pre-requisites for the camp or could a beginner/novice come along?

Cheers,

Ian
IanLetton

Dave Brown

Post by Dave Brown »

Hi,

Yes, hopefully the course/camp/trip will run next year too and the idea, as it says at the top post is for folks who want to surf kayak or who do surf kayak or who enjoy surf kayaking or even waveski as well, can come along and enjoy a little bit of African surf and point breaks galore.

So, if you can't make this year, keep your eyes peeled and i might well put a post on here for next year. Who knows by then there maybe another venue that crops up as a course/camp/trip/holiday!!!

Cheers,

Dave

Return to “Courses, Trips and Guiding”