Wanted: Weekend Level 1 & then level 2 coaching course.

Commercial services
MikeVeal

Wanted: Weekend Level 1 & then level 2 coaching course.

Post by MikeVeal » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:19 pm

As above,
I'm a volunteer coach with the Scouts, I really should get some coaching qualifications. But I am not prepared to give up precious holiday from work to do so. Any course must be run on weekends.

So I need a course running on weekends to get me from [s]35 years of paddling, 29 years of coaching[/s] not qualified to qualified in the most expedient way possible. I'm looking for a course and sign off.

I'm based in Southampton, so if this can be done without having to drive to Orkney, all the better. In all seriousness, quite happy to drive 2-3 hours but not more.

Edit:
[s] Is supposed to do a Strikethrough [/s] I guess its not been explicitly implemented.

twopigs

Re: Wanted: Weekend Level 1 & then level 2 coaching course.

Post by twopigs » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:06 pm

First thing to do is check
https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/cour ... ddlesport/

Then there is a Find a Course link at the end of the page.

As you say you want a Level 1 course over two weekends it might be more difficult but I know Joe Jordan - email address on the Coach Educator tab - runs such courses ....

But you may have to wait until closer to the summer.

Level 2 is another 4 day training - then some observed sessions - then an assessment.
Canoeing - bigger boat, broken paddle, more skill!

TyNantOutdoors

Post by TyNantOutdoors » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:46 pm

We have a level one running in North wales on the 13-14 then 20-21 May 2017. www.tynantoutdoors.com 07814922437 admin@tynantoutdoors.com. Andy Turton

ClevedonCanoe

Post by ClevedonCanoe » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Clevedon Canoe Club are running an L2 course over 2 weekends in April in Bristol, if that's any good to you.