Liability insurance

Commercial services
ruggedtoast

Liability insurance

Post by ruggedtoast »

I wanted to take my two sit on top kayaks to Ardingly Reservoir in West Sussex for a family paddle. The fee is £10 per kayak per day, but they are very clear (both on the phone and the website) that they expect you to have your own liability insurance in place, and sign to say you have this. I have not encountered this before when buying a day license.

I have drawn a blank with my home and travel insurance and can only find quotes online that seem to be for coaches and clubs, or the British Canoeing membership which would cost £122 for a family of four. As this is in all probability the only kayaking the other 3 members of my family will make, and there are no rivers remotely near us that are covered by their license, I don't really want to pay over a hundred pounds for a day out.

Does anyone know of any insurance policies that are a bit cheaper that might cover this?

SWPaddler

Re: Liability insurance

Post by SWPaddler »

Try insure4sport.

Link here to policies that might cover it on your home insurance:
https://www.exetercanoe.co.uk/discussio ... -kayaks/p1

John K

Re: Liability insurance

Post by John K »

Or you could paddle on local rivers that don’t require any paperwork or payments. The Cuckmere, Ouse, Adur and Arun all offer a good day out with a little planning.

Return to “Courses, Trips and Guiding”