Wanted: Canoe suitable for 4 Star (such as Prospector 15)

One blade only
cn210

Wanted: Canoe suitable for 4 Star (such as Prospector 15)

Post by cn210 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:41 pm

Like the title says, I'm looking for a canoe primarily for pursuing my four star award. Something like the Venture Prospector 15 would be ideal, but I'm open to suggestions. Does anyone have one for sale?
I'm based in the Lakes but am willing to travel to collect.

Thanks

canoephil

Re: Wanted: Canoe suitable for 4 Star (such as Prospector 15

Post by canoephil » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:38 am

Hi,
These seem to sell like hot cakes and for reasonable prices, but hold their value well; I did my 4* assessment in a Venture Prospector 15 too, very solid boats but on the heavy side, I'm now looking for something lighter. When I bought it there were a lot of people responding to the post, it's a popular boat.
Anyway, I'd suggest getting on Facebook and be quick to get back to anything that interests you or they'll be gone.
Posts come up (or you can ask) on any of the following:
Canoes and Kayaks for sale England
UK Boat Jumble
Song of the paddle
UK Whitewater Boaters

Or search for a similar but more local group to you.

Good luck!!
Phil

Krazy-kayak

Re: Wanted: Canoe suitable for 4 Star (such as Prospector 15)

Post by Krazy-kayak » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:16 pm

Did you get sorted with a new boat as I am looking to sell my Venture Prospector 15 as I am getting one in the newer Corelite X range.

the one I am selling is in Mellow Yellow and around 2 yrs old usual scrapes and has not had that much use. It is fitted with Air Bags and painters and glued Carri Mat for solo paddling. I am based in North East but travel over to the Lakes regularly.

Please message me for details and price