3 star trained seeking canoe trips on moving water

One blade only
Bugsy505

3 star trained seeking canoe trips on moving water

Post by Bugsy505 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi all after finishing my second training session in 3 star canoe I'm in need of some trips out to polish my skills before my assessment. Grade1 pushing 2 would be perfect. I live in Windsor but can travel also would need to use someones canoe so would make a reasonable donation.

Merry xmas to you all .

scottdog007

Re: 3 star trained seeking canoe trips on moving water

Post by scottdog007 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:12 am

Are you not a member of a canoe club? Just down from where you based in Windsor is Marlow and there is a canoe club there and I happen to be a member of. I can not remember the membership fee but once you join you have free use of their boats and they have nice open boats that can be had. Also, there will be many guys that can take you out and give you advice and support, including me.

At this club there are lots of opportunity to get cheap and good training as well.

Many, many years ago I was a member of Windor CC. I have not heard much about them since so I have no idea if they still exist, but at the time they were an enthusiastic mob and had a good boat house.

Bugsy505

Re: 3 star trained seeking canoe trips on moving water

Post by Bugsy505 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Thanks I'm currently looking at either Marlow or Windsor . I will try and come over to Marlow. Just bagged myself a weekend in Wales on a 4*canoe leader course being trained :)