Canoeing Algonquin

One blade only
LizzieK

Canoeing Algonquin

Post by LizzieK » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:01 pm

Hello,
I am lucky enough to be going to Algonquin National Park in August for a 4/5 day canoe trip. I am going with a family of fairly novice but very keen paddlers, I am a whitewater canoe paddler and will be organising the trip and guiding it. We need to rent equipment and most likely will spend some nights under canvas or in a lodge but there is the intention of spending one night in Killarney Lodge if possible. I am looking for some advice of any routes that you have experienced that would be suitable for us, any campsites that you would recommend or any sights not to be missed. Especially if any of these routes include a stop at Killarney (on the Lake of Two Rivers-in between Access Point 8 and 9).
I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance, Liz

Chris Bolton

Re: Canoeing Algonquin

Post by Chris Bolton » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi,
In September I went on a 10 day trip from Access Point 3 - it's already blogged on Song of the Paddle so I'll just link to it. The blog was mostly written by my friend Doug, but I added some more photos and logistical details (post #31). Hope you find it useful; unfortunately we were in a different part of the park so I can't suggest routes for you, but I do recommend Algonquin Outfitters.