A great kayaking helmet- just to put it out there..:)

Whitewater and touring for sale and wanted adverts
jackmyster

A great kayaking helmet- just to put it out there..:)

Post by jackmyster »

Hi guys,

I recently came across the dilema of buying a new kayak helmet, primarily for playboating and freestyle. Now there is so much choice out there and some helmets are crazy expensive :/ I'm an avid mountainbiker, i race and i know alot about the sport. I decided to take the gamble and buy a high end mountainbike helmet instead of paying the overprice dolla for a kayak one.

Well i wasn't dissapointed, With a great colour scheme, awesome fit and snug feel the Giro Feature was a cracking buy. The insane amounts of adjustment are amazing... with a circular ring at the back that you twist for instant rear adjustment allowing a snug feel, this helmet punches in right at the top, well above others of a similiar price... and right now at a stonking price, what's not too like? Go ahead grab yourself a bargain- this shop is free UK delivery as well as great customer serivice and with £30 + off it's a no brainer :)

http://www.dotbike.com/p/11668

Please feel free to message me with any Q's :)

StoneWeasel

Re: A great kayaking helmet- just to put it out there..:)

Post by StoneWeasel »

Or you could just spend your money on a SR Standard or a WRSI Current that will actually do a really good job of protected you head in the environment they were designed for rather than a helmet that might be okish but is far from ideal.

MikeRoberts

Re: A great kayaking helmet- just to put it out there..:)

Post by MikeRoberts »

Yeah, I wouldn't trust this at all: remember when you're canoeing, it's fairly easy to take multiple sequential knocks, helmets for mountain biking are designed to take one big knock before they need replacing. Sorry, but the idea of wearing one of those scares me :(

Return to “Whitewater and Touring Kayaks For Sale”