HELMET!!!!

Whitewater and touring for sale and wanted adverts
josh-f

HELMET!!!!

Post by josh-f »

Hi guys

I have been looking around for a new helmet to go paddling with but cant be sure which one is best. I have been looking at a Shred Ready Super Scrappy ( a bit like a sweet strutter, only a lot cheaper ) as i like the peaked cap style, but i am wondering if a more standard helmet would be better. Any ideas?

Cheers, Josh

wst2

Re: HELMET!!!!

Post by wst2 »

Predator helmet exactly the Sam as strutter but Only £60

Scotty156

Post by Scotty156 »

I have a predator Lee helmet. . Very similar to strutter as previously mentioned. .

Depends wot ur going to be doing paddling though tbh. If ur planning on getting into WW on higher grade stuff I would advise to get something with more protection. Also be mindful that peaked helmets do catch the flow of water when upside down/rolling which is worth bearing in mind.

Hope this gives u a few thoughts.

Keith

josh-f

Post by josh-f »

I was hoping to do a bit of river running up to grade 3. Do you think that sweet is worth the money in the end?

Cheers

Liz S

Post by Liz S »

I m on my 2nd WRSI current helmet and I think they are really good for the money. The first one got a crack in it when I had a massive impact on a rock but my head was o.k , the helmet did'nt move at all.
I've also got a WRSI trident, which is like a strutter but although it looks nice, I find the peak obscures my vision a bit. The Rockers are supposed to be the best but if you cant afford one try a WRSI helmet. They also have a good reputation.
Heres a link http://www.squarerock.co.uk/catalog/ind ... Path=23_26

Return to “Whitewater and Touring Kayaks For Sale”