For Sale Enigma plastic squirt boat

Whitewater and touring for sale and wanted adverts
EdC

For Sale Enigma plastic squirt boat

Post by EdC »

Enigma squirt boat for sale. Yellow - not heavily used/usual scratches (nothing serious) and it has spent most of its life in my garage. Foam seat and foot rest block. It was fun when I first got it many years ago and I used it as a cruising squirt boat on white water and it also surfs pretty well. However, the idea of being so close to the water no longer appeals with my advancing years and even though it has been used for occasional pool based fun since, I no longer see myself using it and it would be good to get the space back in the garage and see the boat off to a good home and to someone who will use and appreciate it.
I would like £150 for it as it's in good condition. Prepared to negotiate. Boat is based in central London. I'll get some more pics of it soon.
This was it's last outing in 2006!! http://www.batterseacc.org/images/d/da/Shep0001seun.JPG (not me paddling it)

Ed

Killingtime

Re: For Sale Enigma plastic squirt boat

Post by Killingtime »

Hi there
What sort of size is the squirt?

Tom

DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

almost 16ST too heavy?
Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain

EdC

Post by EdC »

someone else's details of an Enigma:
http://www.apolloduck.com/image.phtml?id=204932&image=1

I would think 16st is on the large side for this boat, but if you can squeeze into it, the extra weight may enhance the squirt capabilities and allow mystery moves!

Ed

andya

Post by andya »

DeeDee wrote:almost 16ST too heavy?
I'm just shy of 13stone. Paddling my Enigma I have to lean back slightly when paddling forward.

Otherwise if I paddle upright the nose goes under, and I'm vertical in no time ... ;¬)

Great fun boats, really enjoy ours.

Mikers

Post by Mikers »

I paddle one of these. At 12stone, sitting bolt upright forward paddling does not dive the nose, unless I'm sprinting.
I'm too light / not skilled enough for mystery moves in this boat.

It's a good fun boat, certainly makes paddling flat and low grade water more interesting. It's not really comparable to a proper glass squirt - it ihas more volume and being an early 1990's poly tub, the rails are not that hard. But it's a plastic squirt boat, if you want a squirt that you can bounce off rocks, your choices are somewhat limited.

Didn't realise there were so many out there, I've never seen another.
Hope that helps.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring Kayaks For Sale”