Mad River Revelation Canoe for sale (Co. Durham)

Whitewater and touring for sale and wanted adverts
geyrfugl

Mad River Revelation Canoe for sale (Co. Durham)

Post by geyrfugl » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:00 pm

We bought this 17 foot open boat about eight years ago for family trips on moderate whitewater touring rivers when the kids were small (we did a multiday trip on the Spey early on). I've paddled it solo on rivers up to grade 3 (mostly the Swale), but it really is too big for us now the kids paddle their own boats. Two adults with camping gear and two kids fit with no trouble, or makes a good boat to paddle tandem without the load. Comes with immense airbags both ends and in the middle.

Has very little wear and tear as it has not been used very often - there's a couple of scratches through to the centre of the royalex from catching it on a sharp corner of the roof rack, and one of the seats could do with a bit of recaning after something was dropped on it and cut a few strands. Otherwise the boat is in extremely good condition, and has been stored indoors in a frost-free barn out of the sun. It cost £1400 new, so we are probably looking at half that now, but make me an offer !

We're in SW County Durham, near Abbey rapids on the Tees. We're out on rivers most weekends, so could deliver to a convenient rendezvous in the NE, but I don't think we'd be keen on driving around with it too often just for people to have a look (we'd typically be travelling with four kayaks on the roof, too:).

There's not many photos (I'm the photographer, and I'm usually in it!) but here's one from the Symonds Yat soon after we bought the boat:

and one on the Spey on a multiday camping trip

It had smaller airbags back then :-)

Andy

geyrfugl

Re: Mad River Revelation Canoe for sale (Co. Durham)

Post by geyrfugl » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:25 am

Bump - still for sale - I've not been pushing very hard to sell it but other half is now complaining about the space it's taking up. I may have to take it out on a river to justify it's continued presence unless someone makes me an offer !

Andy

geyrfugl

Post by geyrfugl » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Bump - spring is coming, and you'll want to get out touring and camping - this is just the boat for it !

Luingboy

Re: Mad River Revelation Canoe for sale (Co. Durham)

Post by Luingboy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:56 pm

Sounds interesting. I would like a look. I think I might be only 5 miles from your location.

geyrfugl

Now Sold

Post by geyrfugl » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:07 pm

One down ! Two to go :-(

Return to “Whitewater and Touring Kayaks For Sale”