How to place a picture into your post made easy!!!

For Sale and Wanted adverts
maryinoxford

Re: How to place a picture into your post made easy!!!

Post by maryinoxford » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 pm

While on the subject, can I suggest that, if people are posting a set of photos, they put a blank line after each one? (Some do, some don't.) Sometimes if I'm looking at pictures of waterwaterwaterwater, it's a bit hard to see where one stops and the next one starts.
Not in Oxford any more...

xrayhead

Post by xrayhead » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:12 pm

No problem!

xrayhead

Post by xrayhead » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:13 pm

You are welcome!

fiona

Post by fiona » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:28 pm

I'm having problems posting photos and wonder if anyone can help. I've posted photos in the past - from the same source (Picasa web albums) and it's worked ok, but now I'm just getting messages saying "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." I don't know if this is something to do with the fact that Picasa is now Google+ - but that's where photos on my blog automatically go and I really don't want to have to get a new account somewhere for the rare occasion when I may want to post a photo here. Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

Thanks

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:13 pm

There is a maximum image size which the forum software will allow you to post - 1024x1024. The forum will then automatically resize it to 640 and will also create a slideshow if there is more than one image. This is viewed by hovering the cursor over the picture. Clicking the image will open the full size original. Should you get an error message telling you "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image" when using Picasa, thensee this post from GrahamKing with a workaround.

Maybe this helps? Mike.

fiona

Post by fiona » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Thanks, Mike. That's useful information from Graham. It didn't solve my particular problem though - but after significant googling and trial and error I've discovered that the problem is Google Plus. There is a way to get back to the old Picasa albums, which then lets you copy and paste the embed code and select the size - but you have to force your account to show the old Picasa and not the new Google+. Hopefully that will keep working, but no doubt Google will remove it at some point... I've just managed to post my photos now though, thanks again for your help.

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:11 pm

fiona wrote:Thanks, Mike. That's useful information from Graham. It didn't solve my particular problem though - but after significant googling and trial and error I've discovered that the problem is Google Plus. There is a way to get back to the old Picasa albums, which then lets you copy and paste the embed code and select the size - but you have to force your account to show the old Picasa and not the new Google+. Hopefully that will keep working, but no doubt Google will remove it at some point... I've just managed to post my photos now though, thanks again for your help.
That's useful and interesting - have you got any links I can look at with a view to updating the "how to" I wrote? Thanks, Mike

xrayhead

Post by xrayhead » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:33 am

fiona wrote:Thanks, Mike. That's useful information from Graham. It didn't solve my particular problem though - but after significant googling and trial and error I've discovered that the problem is Google Plus. There is a way to get back to the old Picasa albums, which then lets you copy and paste the embed code and select the size - but you have to force your account to show the old Picasa and not the new Google+. Hopefully that will keep working, but no doubt Google will remove it at some point... I've just managed to post my photos now though, thanks again for your help.
Personally for posting images in forums I use Photobucket, I don't use it for anything else but that. Photobucket seem to have kept there interface working well for this purpose so I can highly recommend them!

xrayhead

Post by xrayhead » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:18 am

Hi Admin/Mods

Any chance I can update this thread, Photobucket has a changed somewhat and although this thread is still in date it would be nice to add new images and screen captures!

Many thanks, Lee

Mark Gawler
Site Admin

Post by Mark Gawler » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:21 pm

xrayhead wrote:Any chance I can update this thread, Photobucket has a changed somewhat and although this thread is still in date it would be nice to add new images and screen captures!
I have a better Idea see your PM ;-)
Mark Gawler