crazy 88 oppinions

Whitewater and touring for sale and wanted adverts
jackbay131

crazy 88 oppinions

Post by jackbay131 »

can anyone tell me if the crazy 88 6.3 is a good boat for an 11 stone 6 ft paddler to go river running and playing in?

or is the largest dagger g-force a better bet?

thanks

d.e.hill

Post by d.e.hill »

I'm about your size and love the crazy 88 6.3, although it looks like I'm going to have to settle for a Kingpin 6.3, as the crazy 88s are nearly impossible to come by second hand!

The ge-force 6.3 is a monster. You could fit me, you, our girlfriends, dogs and parents all in and still have room for a throwline, it was far to big for me.

If I were in your shoes and had the option of buying a decent crazy 88, I wouldn't think twice (otherwise tell me where I can get one.....!). It plays well, surfs like a dream and a huge advantage over the ge-force is that it's a bit longer and thinner, making it much more capable of running a river, without sacrificing play.

Hope this helps!

helix232

Post by helix232 »

Hey,
Ive owned a Kingpin, Kingpin Icon and upgraded to a crazy88 6.2 about 4/5 months and so far its the best Dagger Ive owned.

With the release of the Agent the crazy88 prices have drop. I got my boat in really good condition for £400, aprox year and half old.

I am about 12stones and 5'10ish, my say on it is if you want a playboat keep lookin out for a crazy, comes fitted with fins and overthruster which really make a difference when playing or surfing.

A main point to keep in mind is that a boat that is too big will hinder you more than it may help. For a person of your height and weight I would say that a 6.3 g-force would be too big.

hope this helps, Adam

jackbay131

thanks

Post by jackbay131 »

than6ks guys , you may have just saved me alot of hastle as iv been franticly looking for a g-force 6.3 i have a 6.2 but its just to small for me so its now on sale any offers?
helix i dont suppos you fancie selling me yours do you lol?
or do you know fo anyone that that is selling one?

TheKrikkitWars

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

The invoice for my 6.3 crazy just came in, I grinned more that anyone reciving a bill should. the boat is really brilliant, the hull is uber fast and its quite slicy even for a volumous boat, for river running though... be prepared to get backlooped or to pull unintendos.
ONE BLADE, ONE LOVE, [TOO] MANY PIES

Joshua Kelly

Return to “Whitewater and Touring Kayaks For Sale”