Kayak Wanted River, canal novice friendly South East

For Sale and Wanted adverts
Hobobeard

Kayak Wanted River, canal novice friendly South East

Post by Hobobeard » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:31 pm

Having done a few rental days I now want to get my own Kayak.

I am based in Essex and since I am starting out fresh I would like a more novice friendly model.

I only really want something for the local canals and rivers (River Lea), I have been using a Dagger Fiesta but would be happy to look at something that offers a bit of learning potential.

I keep reading posts of decent Kayaks coming onto the market at reasonable prices but glancing Ebay and such I only ever seem to see old poor examples for fairly high prices, granted I have only really been looking the last month and a half.

I have a budget up to about £270 and would like a paddle included for that price, I have a camper van so collection is no issue but max length cannot go much past 10 foot due to storage requirements.

If you do not have anything but could recommend models to search for please post up as the leaning curve and options is fairly big. Sadly with work times joining a local club will be out of the questions, most of my paddling will be taking place as the sun is coming up during a weekday.

Regards

Mrstratos61

Re: Kayak Wanted River, canal novice friendly South East

Post by Mrstratos61 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:07 am

I have a venture flex 10.5 . Carlisle paddle virtually new spray deck. I'm in Walton on Thames surrey. Ideal boat to learn and progress. I've moved up to a dagger stratos. More than welcome to test paddle on Thames. Good condition. My local store suggested £300 as a second hand price. Check reviews on Google.

Mrstratos61

Post by Mrstratos61 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:10 am

Also have an Ekla trolley unfortunately one tire punctured but easily sorted I would throw in

Hobobeard

Post by Hobobeard » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:39 am

Mrstratos61 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:07 am
I have a venture flex 10.5 . Carlisle paddle virtually new spray deck. I'm in Walton on Thames surrey. Ideal boat to learn and progress. I've moved up to a dagger stratos. More than welcome to test paddle on Thames. Good condition. My local store suggested £300 as a second hand price. Check reviews on Google.
Thanks for the reply, The model that keeps popping up is the Flex 11 not the 10.5. I am restricted to a hull length of 300mm sadly so it can fit in the Camper, any longer and we have issues. The Dagger I have been using was under 300mm and fitted perfect.

Regards

Mrstratos61

Post by Mrstratos61 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Sorry it is an 11

kayak_girl

Post by kayak_girl » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Saw these, certainly in your pricerange http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dagger-Kayaks ... Sw3sNZefg8.

Also a new Dagger Fiesta is (just!) less than £300. Maybe Santa could help increase your budget a bit so you could get a new toy?

Hobobeard

Post by Hobobeard » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:00 pm

kayak_girl wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:43 pm
Saw these, certainly in your pricerange http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dagger-Kayaks ... Sw3sNZefg8.

Also a new Dagger Fiesta is (just!) less than £300. Maybe Santa could help increase your budget a bit so you could get a new toy?
Indeed I have seen them, only issue is that they are miles away!!!!

Yeah the Dagger or Islander as they are sold as now are fairly cheap but by the time I get a paddle, spray deck etc etc it adds up and at this moment I am still testing the water (pun intended). I was hoping to find a good used setup..

Anyone have a opinion on a Acrobat 270???,

Regards

Hobobeard

Post by Hobobeard » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:14 am

Morning all,

I am still in the hunt for something, I am happy to travel for the right Kayak say 100 miles from London each way, struggling to find anything that is not full white water spec on the used market.

Regards

jamiemagee

Post by jamiemagee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:33 am

I'd go for the venture personally. I think that's a cheap price. Look out for a dagger approach or blackwater. Sometimes pop up for £250ish

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

kayak_girl

Post by kayak_girl » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:00 pm

You could try some of the used kayaks facebook groups?