WANTED: Surf kayak or wave ski.

Whitewater and touring for sale and wanted adverts
kayakpete

WANTED: Surf kayak or wave ski.

Post by kayakpete » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:42 am

I am looking for a surf kayak or wave ski, I'm not to worried about the condition as i am on a tight budget (sub 200). Im not interested in anything plastic. I know its a tall order but am prepared for any condition and fixing anything up. If you know of anyone that has something lying about I would be very appreciative.

Im located in the Southwest.

Cheers guys and girls!

StoneWeasel

Re: WANTED: Surf kayak or wave ski.

Post by StoneWeasel » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:22 pm

For a decent surf boat at that price you need James Hawker to be selling off one of his old prototypes (he always sells them way too cheap) but I don't think he has any more.

I'll keep an ear to the ground but if anything does turn up in that price bracket it is not likely to be pretty.

Good luck in getting into this amazing side of the sport though, this site may be useful once you do get a boat or ski: Surf Kayak Skills. Where are you based by the way?

Denzil

StoneWeasel

Post by StoneWeasel » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:25 pm

I very very much doubt this will sell within your price bracket but it is there at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/surf-kayak-Me ... 3f2ee92670

kayakpete

Post by kayakpete » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:18 pm

I am keeping an eye on the max on ebay, I don't mind spending more for one in good nick, but i would prefer on a little beaten up (as odd as that sounds) I've had my fair share of composite boats and can do a decent job of repairing. Im on a tight budget being a student, so my funds are coming from selling one of my other ones. You know how it is, sell one buy another! haha. Thanks for the advice on where to go for the skills, but I'm not new to surf kayaking just a few years out of practise being at uni and all. I am based in plymouth at the moment.

Thanks again.

StoneWeasel

Post by StoneWeasel » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:19 am

Ah cool, Do you paddle with any of the Plymouth Uni lot? They have some surf kayakers amongst the old boys that are still around.

If so, persuade Alan Oaks to sell you his old Future Kayaks Round Pin, tell him he is should be buying a new Bullit S anyway.

Denzil

P.S. If you ever want a surf down Cornwall way give me a shout.

kayakpete

Post by kayakpete » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:21 am

No, I've not paddled with anyone up here, I have been doing a lot of scuba diving over the past three years instead. If i ever find myself in need of a surfer buddy I shall let you know! Thanks very much buddy.

Cheers.

joegreenway

Post by joegreenway » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:51 am

I know you said no plastic, but I have a plastic waveski well withinnyour budget. If you pick it up, you can have it lol. Free to a good home. Denno the make, all I know is that I prefer my playboat in the waves lol.
baised near exeter. Close to tiverton.
Pick up any weekend.

StoneWeasel

Post by StoneWeasel » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:09 pm

If Kayakpete does not want it I may be tempted to take it off your hands. Any chance you could take a pic of it?

Vanden

Post by Vanden » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:49 am

If you can go a little higher than £200 (and you can fit in the boat) I can offer an x-tech Mega Revenge. An absolute bargain for this boat.
Based in Ivybridge, just on the outskirts of Plymouth.

Mark
Like a dead fish I go with the flow.

roger f

Post by roger f » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:17 pm

Hey kayakpete,
I might well have a glass ski for you that is currently festering in my garden.
It's good for up to 75kg ish.
It goes like a rocket but looks tatty.
Would be open to offers, £100/ less..?
If you are interested email me and will reply with some pics.
Based in Taunton, working in Exeter on Tuesday (21st) if you want a look at it.
roger@fordhomeelectrics.co.uk
Cheers, Roger

andyfx

Post by andyfx » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:22 pm

sorry to hijack post but would be very interested in buying the revenge if kayak Pete isn`t interested I already paddle one so I know it will fit mine is nearly worn through.

Many Thanks
Andy

kayakpete

Post by kayakpete » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:01 am

Thank you everyone,
joegreenway wrote:I know you said no plastic, but I have a plastic waveski well withinnyour budget. If you pick it up, you can have it lol. Free to a good home. .
Thanks very much for the offer, but due to being a student the majority of the times, the kayak/ski will be walked a fair distances to the surf, and I just sold my plastic kayak so looking for an upgrade. But thank you!
Vanden wrote:If you can go a little higher than £200 (and you can fit in the boat) I can offer an x-tech Mega Revenge. An absolute bargain for this boat.
What weight can this boat support, I am a fairly big lad, just under 14 stone, and what price are you looking at for the Revenge?
roger f wrote:Hey kayakpete,
I might well have a glass ski for you that is currently festering in my garden.
It's good for up to 75kg ish.
Thank you Roger for the post, I am unfortunately to heavy for your ski, but I hope it goes to a good home.

Thank you again for taking the time out to post.

Cheers Pete

stroppymonkey

Post by stroppymonkey » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:59 am

Bude canoe club have got a couple of old jesters that they might sell off...

I also have a beautiful Jester Tico Lite in amazing condition that I would sell for £250...

stroppymonkey

Post by stroppymonkey » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:00 am

Denzil... Have you got rid of the busted proton?

kayakpete

Post by kayakpete » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:36 am

stroppymonkey wrote:Bude canoe club have got a couple of old jesters that they might sell off...

I also have a beautiful Jester Tico Lite in amazing condition that I would sell for £250...
Thank you for the info, ill give Bude CC a call. I really am on a tight budget and £250 is a little on the high side, I am fully prepared for a wreck that needs some repairing. Thank you guys again.

Cheers Pete

stroppymonkey

Post by stroppymonkey » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:55 pm

Could be open to offers.... Need the space...

StoneWeasel

Post by StoneWeasel » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:00 am

stroppymonkey wrote:Denzil... Have you got rid of the busted proton?
The busted Proton (after it had been fixed up back at the Mega factory) went a long time ago to help fund my first Phantom.

The Phantom that a certain asshat smashed, I gave that back to Malcolm when he very generously gave me my new shiny toy.
He has done a grand job of rebuilding it and has sold it on to a young lad from down my way who wanted a Phantom but could not afford a shiny brand new one.

After being fully repaired / rebuilt both would have been out of budget though.

Denzil

stroppymonkey

Post by stroppymonkey » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:45 pm

Okay I'll sell you the Tico Lite for £200, and that comes with its own bag and a promise that you'll never find a nicer better more immaculate boat for this money... :-(

StoneWeasel

Post by StoneWeasel » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:48 am

stroppymonkey wrote:Okay I'll sell you the Tico Lite for £200, and that comes with its own bag and a promise that you'll never find a nicer better more immaculate boat for this money... :-(
You know how I feel about you selling this boat. Just build a new shed to store your boats in, selling them off like this is not natural man ;)

Denzil

Vanden

Post by Vanden » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:57 pm

kayakpete wrote:Thank you everyone,
Vanden wrote:If you can go a little higher than £200 (and you can fit in the boat) I can offer an x-tech Mega Revenge. An absolute bargain for this boat.
What weight can this boat support, I am a fairly big lad, just under 14 stone, and what price are you looking at for the Revenge?

Cheers Pete
Sorry, unless you're particularly lean I'd guess it'll be too small. I'm about 11 stone and it's not a loose fit.

Mark
Like a dead fish I go with the flow.

kayakpete

Post by kayakpete » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:24 pm

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your help and kind offers, I have been very lucky and have been lent a boat for a few months until I have finished uni. Then my first pay check I get will be on a new super duper dream machine! :)

Thank you all again you have been very helpful indeed!

Cheers Pete.

StoneWeasel

Post by StoneWeasel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:19 pm

Awesome!

What boat have you managed to blag?