Wanted - Cheap Sea Kayak

Whitewater and touring for sale and wanted adverts
saiingneil

Wanted - Cheap Sea Kayak

Post by saiingneil » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:23 am

Does anyone know of any sea kayaks going relatively cheaply. I am will doing so some work on a boat with in reason. I am not after anything amazing just something to get me started. I am located in Scotland.

saiingneil

Re: Wanted - Cheap Sea Kayak

Post by saiingneil » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:00 pm

I have decided to look at getting a slightly better boat than I first considered. I am currently looking for a second hand glass sea kayak something a P&H Capella or Cetus or Valley Etain. Must have a retractable skeg and a full size cockpit, not an ocean cockpit. I have a budget of about £700ish maybe a little more, located in Scotland but could travel for the right boat.

Colin C

Post by Colin C » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:03 pm

saiingneil wrote: I have a budget of about £700ish maybe a little more, located in Scotland but could travel for the right boat.
Hi saiingneil, I strongly suspect you going to need to increase your budget, as the boats you have identified are relatively recent models except the Capella.Most glass boats of this vintage go for closer to £1000 than £700. You might be very lucky and find one of this price, but second hand glass boats in Scotland come up infrequently and tend to priced accordingly. Here is a link you may not have that has a couple of second hand boats, and its worth checking every so often.
http://www.karitek.co.uk/used-gear.html
There are two on it, one at £1600 and the other plastic boat at £899, but it does give you an idea of the money involved.

Good luck in your search.
Colin

saiingneil

Post by saiingneil » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks Colin,

I know it is a long shot, thanks for the link I will keep an eye on it as well. Looks like I will keep on saving.

Colin C

Post by Colin C » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi This might bee of interest to you, as closer to your budget.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 737&type=1

Colin

saiingneil

Post by saiingneil » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:12 pm

Colin,

Can'r open the link. Definitely want to get the right boat so if that involves waiting and saving more money so be it. I am not looking to rush in and need to buy another boat in a year or so.

Foggygalston

Post by Foggygalston » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi, I have a P&H Fjord for sale. It has been sitting for quite some time outside and needs some tlc. It needs two hatch covers and some bungee cord. It has a retractable Skeg which works. No leaks or cracks in the hull. I washed it down this afternoon and took some pictures which I could e-mail to you. Would be looking for any reasonable offer. A lot less than you say you would be prepared to pay. Paint work could do with some attention. I just don't have the inclination to do the work. 17 feet long. A steady craft in rough conditions. I live in Fife , but could agree to travel say halfway to deliver if that would help. Let me know if you are interested.

saiingneil

Post by saiingneil » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:29 pm

Thanks for the offer Foggygalston, I will pass as the Fjord has an ocean cockpit and I struggle to get in and out of them.

thesambaman

Post by thesambaman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Would consider selling my Explorer if you're interested. Light blue deck, white hull.

She's in for cosmetic repairs at the moment and would say after that I'd be looking for around £700.

Chris

(LIverpool)

saiingneil

Post by saiingneil » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:19 pm

I am still looking for the right boat.

Sambaman,

I would consider an Explorer, can you send me some more information on the boat, age, condition etc plus some photos.

Cheers

Skua

Post by Skua » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Composite Skua any good? - see the Kaskazi website for full details. Super boat with an easy to get in/out keyhole cockpit, fast through the water too - over stern rudder avoids snagged skegs or the chance of a leak below the waterline - does the same job as a skeg, itis NOT for turning a kayak. A rudder prevents the kayak from turning! £800.00 used a handful of times only. White with red trim.

Bazza S

Post by Bazza S » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:12 am

Northshore atlantic and nordkapp lv £1100 each

rec1551

Post by rec1551 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:18 am

Mine is still for sale as I didn't get round to putting it on ebay:

http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/foru ... us#p694201

However I'm in South of England....

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:21 pm

I know of a standard size Valley Aquanaut Club- red. Seller says its "Hardly used and never abused. Garage stored.
£425."

Up in the NE of Scotland iirc. Let me know if you want to be put in touch. Mike

saiingneil

Post by saiingneil » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:36 pm

Skew & rec1551 they aren't boats I have heard of or tired and they are too far to come a see/ try so thank you for the offers but I will pass.

Mark I still have my heart set on a fibre glass boat, if not a plastic version of a cetus, Capella or something similar. The club version is a bit lower spec than I am after but thanks for the offer.

Bazaar a Northshore atlantic would fit the bill. Can you send me some more information and photos for the boat. Also where in the country are you based?

saiingneil

Post by saiingneil » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Any other boats out there, I am still looking. I am ideally after a soft chimed, glass boat with keyhole cockpit and retractable skeg. I am 80kg and 6 foot 3 inches and have a budget or up too £700-800ish. Located in Scotland but can travel for the right boat.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring Kayaks For Sale”