Would really like to demo Veloc or Nomad 8.1 before buying!

Whitewater and touring for sale and wanted adverts
Sarah Waddington

Would really like to demo Veloc or Nomad 8.1 before buying!

Post by Sarah Waddington » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:44 pm

Hey,
I'm looking for a new boat and would ideally like a Jefe Chico, but since they're no longer being made they're proving very difficult to get hold of (if you have one please let me know!!) as an alternative to this, i've been considering either a Nomad 8.1 or a Veloc, the problem being i've never paddled either of these boats. I'd really appreciate if anyone would let me demo either of these boats on a little bit of white water to try to get a feel for what i'd be buying! I'm based in Barnard Castle, County Durham on the Tees. If anyone's up for an upper Tees run or any of the sections near here with either boat and would quite like a cup of tea or coffee, cake/biscuits/sandwhiches?? after their trip, but would let me have a quick paddle around in their boat then please please get in touch!!!
(The cake's really good by the way!! ;) "bribe bribe" )

Thank you awesome North East kayakers!!

Sarah

sarahaw15@hotmail.com

P.s. anytime relatively soon would be really good (I know the weather is horrendous!!!) because i'm going to scotland on the 3rd of april, and should ideally have a boat by that point!

janet brown

Re: Would really like to demo Veloc or Nomad 8.1 before buyi

Post by janet brown » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Ross Montandon has a Veloc I believe: search for Ross M on here.
I paddle one, and love it, but I'm on the south coast, so no use to you!

Janet

LucyLou19

Re: Would really like to demo Veloc or Nomad 8.1 before buyi

Post by LucyLou19 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:11 pm

I have Nomad 8.1 if you're in wales you're welcome to try :) Im based in Capel :)

TBH, unless you are less than 55kg I really wouldnt rule out the normal sized Jefe. I know a fair amount of people weighing 55-75kg (i.e. would have fitted in the Chico) paddling the Normal Jefe. Its taken some outfitting, but from what ive heard, the normal jefe is a much better boat too :)

Return to “Whitewater and Touring Kayaks For Sale”