Menai Challenge

Marathon, Freestyle, Polo, Slalom, Sprint, WWR, Surf, etc.

Menai Challenge

Postby Summit to Sea » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:20 am

As of today, there are just two months left to submit your time for the Menai Challenge.

A new time has been put up by Ian Tordoff in his Valley Rapier 20, see here for more details.

All the prizes are awarded on the basis of a draw. So it doesn't matter if you're the fastest, or slowest, you have as much chance of winning a prize as the next Man/Woman/Tandem. In this respect it's not the winning, it's the taking part, compete against yourself and the clock and put up your personal best. Of course some others would say that I'm talking bobbins and that second place is the fastest loser. However, that's up to you, do it for fun, do it for training, do it for your country be the fastest paddler from Azerbaijan in the straits, but as the big Sportswear manufacturer (Peak UK??) says "Just do it!"

Happy Paddling.

Pete
Summit to Sea

Re: Menai Challenge

Postby biketastik » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:13 pm

Summit to Sea wrote:As of today, there are just two months left to submit your time for the Menai Challenge.

A new time has been put up by Ian Tordoff in his Valley Rapier 20, see here for more details.

All the prizes are awarded on the basis of a draw. So it doesn't matter if you're the fastest, or slowest, you have as much chance of winning a prize as the next Man/Woman/Tandem. In this respect it's not the winning, it's the taking part, compete against yourself and the clock and put up your personal best. Of course some others would say that I'm talking bobbins and that second place is the fastest loser. However, that's up to you, do it for fun, do it for training, do it for your country be the fastest paddler from Azerbaijan in the straits, but as the big Sportswear manufacturer (Peak UK??) says "Just do it!"

Happy Paddling.

Pete

I think it's Nike that use that slogan isnt it?
biketastik

Postby Summit to Sea » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:54 pm

I guess my ironic ?? was wasted then.
Summit to Sea

Postby Summit to Sea » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Pipped at the post!

Still, it's not the winning, it's the taking part. It should some up the attitude of all us Brits in this Olympic Year!

;-)
Summit to Sea

Return to Competition