For sale - Valley Avocet RM

For Sale and Wanted adverts

For sale - Valley Avocet RM

Postby stan2this » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:27 am

For sale - Valley Avocet RM - 6 years old. Yellow. The boat has been well used, so it has the usual scrapes, but is generally tidy and the condition is good.

At some point back then, Valley changed the way they made these boats - this one is yellow on the outside, but has a mottled whitish colour inside. I think that means it is some kind of multi-layer molding.

Deck lines and shockcord are all good. The skeg is cable driven, and it works fine. Very comfortable seat and backrest. Sliding footrests. Adjustable knee braces. Stainless steel eye on rear deck for towline attachment, and can be used for a security cable whilst on a roofrack.

At some point in the past, I was routinely carrying bits and pieces which were difficult to fit in - I removed the divider between the two rear compartments, to make one big compartment. So now it is easier to get more stuff into, and the bigger heavier objects can be packed nearer the centre of the boat.

The Avocet is still a Valley current model, and is quite an unusual kind of sea kayak. It is very manouverable, has a lot of secondary stability, and is a great boat for playing in big seas, tide races, rock hopping, caving, coastal exploring. Suits small to medium paddlers, and is a boat that enables you to set it up to a good neat fit.

If you are a river paddler, the Avocet will have a familiar feel to it.

It is easy to roll, and is incredibly easy to do solo deep water re-entry and roll-ups. You don`t even have to empty it or put the spraydeck on, it paddles fine with the water still in it.

Contact e-mail - "turnonagain-enigma" at "yahoo.co.uk". £550 and boat is in the Oban area.

stan2this

Re: For sale - Valley Avocet RM

Postby stan2this » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:34 pm

still for sale
stan2this

Postby stan2this » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:03 am

time for a bump
stan2this

Postby stan2this » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:59 am

time for another bump
stan2this

Postby yellofello » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi

Was wondering if you still had this for sale.

Ironically left Oban area after 2 weeks up there paddling!

PM sent also.

Cheers

YF
yellofello

Postby SeaSkye » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 am

Hi

Is this still for sale ?
SeaSkye

Postby stan2this » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi

Thank you for your enquiry, the Avocet was sold several weeks ago.

I`ve had quite a few e-mails as well enquiring about it, I am quite surprised it generated so much interest. Thanks to everyone who has been interested in the boat.
stan2this

Return to Kayaks for Private Sale - Whitewater and touring